Thursday, September 6, 2007

Gathering Momentum

After a couple of weeks of Tech Trekking, I had just started to experience that itch to get online and do stuff, when I went north to Illinois to visit my daughter. She had learned that if you put your coffee mug and laptop in the bike rack they just might mingle, and ended up with a laptop that was no longer portable. So, since I tend to be more stationary more often than she, and I don't mind my technology plugged into the wall, I inherited her iMac, iBook, whatever. While I had it at home it took me a week to figure out how to turn it on, so I took it back to Illinois for a reunion. We four (my Mac and her new Mac) had a lovely time; I think my daughter enjoys teaching an old dog new tricks. Do you know that some computers have video??? I thought you had to have a camera to get on You Tube! So we spent some time sitting next to each other trying to do a video chat, but couldn't for some reason. She thinks when I'm farther away it will work better....

I think sometimes of my daughter and her friends in their high school days chatting online when they could have just picked up the phone and talked.

Then I think of meeting a friend on a virtual rooftop to watch a virtual sunset when a real sunset is so much prettier.

I hope I never lose sight of those thoughts.

No comments: