Saturday, November 3, 2007

Arriverderci, Techtrek


This experience has been frustrating more often than not, and there was a lot to learn that escaped me, but I think I learned quite a bit.

I learned that you can teach an old dog new tricks, but it takes a real long time to get her to stand up, turn around a few times, and sit back down in front of the computer, and then start to hit the keys.

I think some of the things we looked at could be used for good as well as evil.

I learned how to use my wonderful new Nikon, and actually copy pictures into the computer, and onto my flash drive and into Flickr, and then how to do a slide show, and post it on my blog. And if I had another 84 hours, I'll bet I could do it again.

I fooled around with Tags and such just long enough to recognize them when I see them out and around the internet, and to believe that many times they are overused and kind of silly and meaningless, for example, I could tag this blog "Arriverderci" "Techtrek" "dog" "tricks" etc., but I'll bet you still couldn't find me (and maybe if you found me I wouldn't be what you were looking for).

I know I will not ever be tempted to use Facebook, and my days at Flickr are seriously numbered. I like to make friends one at a time, and show my pics to people I like, and don't really need to have strangers seeing my pets and children online.

On the other hand, I think maybe we at James Island might want to continue our blog, just so folks can see what we're up to here.



I want to thank Amanda
for always being available when I hit the wall
and yelled for help.


I want to thank all my friends/
co-workers/partners-in-crime at the
James Island Branch Library
for putting up with the many hours I spent fighting with this project
and their encouragement, even when I was losing the battle
and their enthusiastically tolerating me
following them around with my camera and
treating me like I had been really clever and creative
and especially for being an incredible group of people to work with.


I want to thank Buffy Librarian
for finding and posting
the Betty Glover Library Workout Tape
which seems like the perfect way to end this project...
...except I still can't figure out how to embed a video
but I can do links, so...
...AND ARRIVERDERCI!













1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've enjoyed reading your posts. My day job is in IT, so this stuff is easy for me. It was interesting to read about technology from your point of view. Thanks!