Tuesday, August 21, 2007

How Simple is RSS REALLY???

So I'm thinking that folks that think that they're explaining things in a really simple way can't really know just how little the rest of us know. It's like they think they're starting us at ground zero when they're really on the 7th floor, and we're down there on the 1st floor wondering, "Where is everybody?"

After spending nearly an hour trying to find out how to subscribe to RSS feeds, I'm not quite sure where or how they're going to show up, or if they're going to show up after all.

I've been giving screen names and passwords and headings and titles and all kinds of other identifiers to who-knows-who, and I'm not usually that trusting. I only got a gmail account after years of not being able to remotely access my email, after people I trust convinced me it was okay, and I don't trust Yahoo at all though I signed up for that last week.

So, I think I need some time to absorb all this, and I'll keep hanging in, because I really, really want that MP3 player (whatever it is...).

No comments: