Monday, August 20, 2007

Reluctantly Chatting

Determined to learn to use Chat, I log on to find that no one's there. I am not a telephone person because I hate to bother people, and I suppose I am just as unlikely to want to interrupt people in cyberspace. So I don't try anyone on the list of names of volunteer "friends" who are willing to chat with me so I can learn how. What would I say???

I do recall a few years ago when my daughter patiently taught me to chat online because we would be separated for the first time. Quelle exercise in frustration! Is she responding or should I "say" something else? Am I boring her? (I can't tell from her tone of voice/font, she may be asleep on the keyboard, or chatting with someone more interesting). So I keep typing and, jeesh, now she's asked me something about something I typed five minutes ago. So I answer that, once I remember what it was, and now she's talking about the thing I said five minutes later. Then she yells at me (my italics), for not waiting for her to answer. Remember when we could talk on the phone real fast? And still keep up with the conversation?

No comments: