Wednesday, October 3, 2007

My New Camera

In anticipation of Flickr week, I did something I have wanted to do for a few years. Several things coming together at once, kids leaving the roost, Techtrek, and my surprise raise, led to buying a wonderful digital camera. It's a Nikon D40 SLR, and it does wonderful things. But I am slow and cautious, so since last Friday (it's now Thursday), I have learned to take pictures on Auto. I have followed my co-workers around and taken pictures of them not doing silly things, and doing silly things. I have perused the photo program disc. I am working up to moving my pictures from the camera to the computer. I need lots of time and space at home to do that, so I'm hoping either Friday or Sunday. Then I'll learn how to transfer photos from Flickr, where I set up an account. With any luck, I should have this process down by November. It's all very exciting. Doesn't it sound like I'm having a hard time containing myself?

No comments: